Punching Above Your Weight
Now I have been a successful entrepreneur and business coach for quite a while, but not that long ago, I would not have thought of myself sharing a stage with a former NFL player, the leading performance and mindset trainer from multiple Tour de France events, the former “Air Boss” of the US Navy, and Special Forces Green Beret and leading expert on Middle Eastern tribal conflict.
Sounds like my crowd right?
Actually they are exactly my crowd. Why? Because they see their life and their business as a vehicle for impact, not just a way to make money.
Let’s face it. We all want to be successful and build a nice life for ourselves. But the key to creating impact is more than just income. It requires a practice and perspective of “Punching Above Your Weight.”
Simply put, doing the same today that you did yesterday will not give you the results you want tomorrow.
So, how do you do that?
Punching above your weight begins to happen when you:
- Focus on Your Purpose – how can you impact things bigger than yourself, rather than just make money
- Determine What Needs to be Done – and let no one deter you from your vision
- Schedule Your Thinking – create specific time appointments with yourself to proactively think about your goals
- Force Yourself into Opportunity – take big steps and set deadlines that seem one step beyond too much
- Break Down Big Goals – create “digestible bites” to keep from being overwhelmed or bogged down
- Study the Legends – read the greats in your area of impact and then translate their actions into your own strengths
- Be Authentic – focus on your purpose instead of trying to join someone else’s.
To ‘punch above your weight,’ you have think and operate at a different level. It is not about pretending or fake it until you make it. A new level of operation requires a new level of thinking.
Where do you want to be and what do you want to be known for? Chances are, it is not just about the size of your paycheck.
Find your life’s purpose by learning how to punch above your weight.
The Elevation180 program is a premier sales coaching program with proven results. Born out of a 30-year career as a top producer in the commercial insurance industry, Jerry Lujan has developed a series of leading-edge sales tools that allow you to double, or even triple, your business while working far less. If you are tired and out of ideas to get the results you want, reach out to Jerry at www.Elevation180.com. Every producer in the program had their best year ever in 2014 and 2015—including producers with less than 3 years in, as well as 20+ year veterans. Let’s find what works for your book of business.